I am currently working as Assistant Professor in COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Abbottabad Campus. Other than my 6 years academic experiance, I also remained affiliated with the industry for over 4 years during which I worked as a researcher in SICS Swedish ICT. I completed my Doctoral studies (PhD) in 2014 by publicly defending my work which was focused on Bringing Visibility in the Clouds. My research is particularly based on exploring security aspects of public clouds which can affect their transparency and hence hinder wide scale adoption of the cloud services by many security sensitive cloud users (e.g. research organizations, companies, govt. departments, etc). My proposed solutions are mainly based upon leveraging Trusted Computing techniques to embed digital trust in the cloud services so that a remote cloud user can get assurance of a secure cloud environment before starting to use it.
- Securing Public Clouds by enabling user Trust in the remotely provisioned services
- Securing Platforms against software attacks using state-of-the-art hardware based security solutions such as Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- Hardening Platform Security using Security Automation (SCAP)
- Secure Electronic Transactions over various channels (Internet, Intranet, Near Field Communication NFC)
- in developing Trusted Computing solutions (in Linux, Windows environments) using open source projects such as TrouSerS, jTSS, openPTS, etc.
- in implementing C/C++/Java prototypes to validate research work
- in using following tools:
- OpenSCAP (oscap), Enhanced SCAP Editor (eSCAPe)